TENNSMITH's slip rolls combine precision-turned, ground and polished high carbon steel rolls with heavy-duty, cast iron end frames and a welded steel base to make an accurate and durable forming tool.
Convenient operating features include large roll adjusting screws, scales for speeding repeat set-up, and a front-mounted handle to lift the upper roll for material removal. Wire grooves are standard.
Drive power for the SR48P is supplied by a heavy-duty, industrial quality gear reduction motor and roller chain directly to the gear train. The roll drive is controlled by a toggle-action, shrouded foot pedal for instant forward and reverse action. The drive motor is equipped with an electro-magnetic brake to prevent roll creep and over-forming. Electrical and operator safety features include a full-length, front and back wire cable safety mechanism which instantly stops the rolls when tripped, two magnetic motor starters, fully enclosed electrical box with pilot light, insulated reinforced conduit for all wiring and fully enclosed drive train. The rolls and gears are mounted in hardened bronze bushings for long life and precision operation.
- Capacity, mild steel: 16 gauge / 1.6 mm
- Maximum forming length: 49" / 1244 mm
- Diameter of rolls: 3" / 76 mm
- Minimum forming radium: 1-1/2" / 38 mm
- Wire grooves: 3/8, 1/2, 5/8" / 9.5, 12.7, 15.8 mm
- Gearing ratio: 4 : 1
- Roll speed: 22 RPM / 17.28 sfpm
- Motor-230/640v, 3-phase, 60Hz: 3/4 hp
- Dimensions LxWxH: 77 x 29 x 50" / 1956 x 737 x 1270 mm
- Shipping weight: 1100 lbs / 499 kg