Install a comprehensive skylight guarding system in a matter of minutes—set it in place and walk away.
The Garlock Sky-Dome Skylight Life Protector is a low-cost solution that is completely free-standing, lightweight and quickly installs without mechanically attaching it to the skylight or roofing surface.
In the event of a fall, the Sky-Dome's rigid design prevents workers from ever coming into contact with the glass.
- Requires no mechanical attachment to roof or skylight—completely free standing.
- Low-profile design invisible from ground level.
- One-piece design on most sizes eliminates need for assembly on the job.
- Sky-Dome units stack for easy transport and hoisting.
- Wind-rated up to 100 mph, with higher ratings available.
- OSHA 1926.501 (b)(4), OSHA 1910.23 (a)(4) and (e)(8) compliant.
In areas that may experience Category 3 (up to 111 mph) or higher hurricane winds, a non-penetrating tether system is available. It creates a semi-permanent connection between the skylight and Sky-Dome Protector.
Open side profiles allow contractors to work on a skylight while keeping the Sky-Dome in place.
The Sky-Dome comes in either a hot-dipped galvanized finish, or powder-coated finish with a variety of color options. The standard color is safety yellow.
The Sky-Dome is available in a variety of sizes up to 6 x 12 ft. When calling to order, have the following dimensions available to ensure you get the properly sized product.